Go directly to our Emergency Preparedness Procedures
The Sheriff’s Office operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They have offices in two locations on campus specifically to serve the needs of the College community. The two locations are in buildings BAC and Student Life Center (SLC) upper level. They have full arrest powers and enforce both traffic and criminal statutes, as well as College policies and regulations.
How to contact the Sheriff’s Office
In an emergency, dial 911 or in a non emergency, 2222 from any on-campus phone.
In an emergency dial 911, or in a non emergency, (732) 224-2222.
Emergency Phones around Campus
There are 22 yellow emergency phones identified by blue lights located throughout the campus. Open the door of the phone box, pick up the handset and the Police will be contacted whether or not a message is transmitted. View a high-resolution map showing emergency phone locations.
Crime Prevention Tips
- Be aware that anyone is a potential victim of crime.
- Immediately notify the Sheriff’s Office if any person(s) or activity arouses your suspicion.
- Avoid isolation and use well-lighted paths after dark.
- Walk with others and do not hitchhike or pick up hitchhikers.
- Be sure to lock your motor vehicle when parking in our parking lots.
- Secure anything of value in your trunk.
- Do not leave property unprotected.
Possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is prohibited on campus. In general, avoid the use of alcohol or drugs. Persons under the influence are more likely to be the victims of a serious crime or accident.
About the Sheriff’s Office
Our Mission Statement and Core Value
The Sheriff’s Office located on the campus of Brookdale Community College in BAC and upper level of Student Life Center (SLC) is dedicated to developing partnerships with the community we serve, including students, staff, and faculty in order to enhance the goal of providing quality higher education in a safe and secure atmosphere. Through these partnerships, we will preserve a learning environment that supports academic freedom, respect for diversity, fair and equal treatment to all, and open exchange of ideas.
Our core value is to serve our community equally.
- Conscientious – about our role in our community.
- Objective – in our assessments and decisions.
- Mindful – of our duties and responsibilities.
- Mentoring – of those in need of guidance.
- Upholding – of the laws and College regulations.
- Neighborly – smiles and interactions.
- Integrity – underlying all that we do.
- Tireless – in watching over our persons and property.
- Yieldless – in our mission to protect and serve.